This post most likely contains affiliate links to things such as tours, transport, accommodation, products & amazon associate links. I may receive a small commission if you use the links which costs you no extra, but helps keep this blog going.
I recently flew with Jet2 to Budapest on one of their Jet2CityBreaks. I’d vaguely heard of Jet2 before but I didn’t know much about them and therefore they had never been one of my to-go-to airlines and websites when looking into trips. However after a lovely weekend with them and a lovely flight to and from Budapest I can conclude that I will most definitely be checking out their website for deals in the future as I had such a great experience!
Here’s a bit of information on Jet2 and reasons to fly with them!
- They’re Northern! Jet2’s head office is in Leeds/Bradford airport, now this explains a lot! First it explains why I hadn’t really heard of them seen as I’m originally a Midlander but recently been taken in as a Londoner! It also explains why all the staff I came across at Manchester airport and onboard were so friendly (no offence to the South) and generally nice people and I think their fun brand comes through in this too! Recently they held a quiz where they had 20,000 free flights to win and their social media channels are all about customer interaction!
- 9 UK Locations! Jet2 currently fly from 8 locations in the UK with London Stansted being their 9th airport opening in Spring 2017 which I’m very excited about! This means they’re pretty accessible no matter where you live or you’re staying in the UK!
- Over 50 Destinations! Whilst we’re on the subject of locations, they fly to over 50 Holiday, City and Ski Destinations throughout Europe, with NYC thrown in the mix too! That gives you a lot of choice!! Just check out that map below!
- They’re Low Cost! Jet2 is a low-cost airline which speaks for itself really! I’ve seen flights from as little as £28.oo each way which is really good!
- Easy Check in Service! When I arrived at Manchester airport sleepy eyed at 7:30am I was welcomed by a self-service check in machine which included checking in my own bag! I’d never seen anything like this before and it was so easy to work with no queues involved which is a bonus! I was too sleepy to take a photo of it though so, sorry, you’ll just have to check in and see it for yourself!
- Great Flight Times! Although I was tired at check in, my flight to Budapest was at 9:30am which is a really decent time compared to a lot of low-cost airlines flights, and our flight leaving Budapest was 17:30 so we had all day to enjoy the city and still got back at a reasonable time of 19:00ish! Jet2 really take their flight times seriously so its enjoyable for you to get up and fly and arrive back at a decent time!
- Onboard Together Policy! Talking of having an enjoyable flight, in May 2015 Jet2 took a zero tolerance stance and now hold an ‘Onboard Together’ policy. This basically means that if a passenger onboard is too drunk, disruptive, abusive to staff or other people on the plane etc then they have the right to prosecute them, re-route the flight at the persons expense and potentially ban them from flying! At the start of the flight there is a message to ask you to respect everyone and behave and personally, I love this! People who are disruptive have no right to be and are in the wrong and Jet2 are taking this seriously to ensure that they do not attract this kind of flyer so that you will have an enjoyable flight!
- Good Leg Room! You are sitting in an economy seat so you can’t expect tooo much leg room but Jet2 certainly had a noticeable few inches more than other airlines I’ve flown with and we all know that that makes the flight that bit more enjoyable!
- Handy Water Holder! It’s extremely trivial and not many people may appreciate it but personally I loved this handy water holder on the side of the chair! It’s the little things hey!
- TripAdvisor rated! And finally, the holy grail of reviews- TripAdvisor rated Jet2 as the UK’s best airline in 2016 due to it being in the top 10 of best airlines in the world based on its average rating stars!
Well I hope this has now brought Jet2 to your attention and you’ll think of them when you’re looking to book your next Holiday, City or Ski Break.. I know I will! 😉
If you want to read about my trip to Budapest then check out my blog post here!
I was invited on a press trip to Budapest by Jet2CityBreaks but all thoughts and opinions are my own. This post may contain affiliate links at no extra cost to you.