Jodhpur aka The Blue City of India offers a really unique way to see its huge Fort- Zip Lining!
The company Flying Fox who have also offer zip lining in India in Neemrana, Punjab and Rishikesh have a thrilling Zip Line that not only gives amazing views over Jodhpur’s Mehrangarh Fort but over the Blue City too!
If you’re feeling a bit forted out (just like templed out but with forts) after seeing India’s many forts and want a fun activity to do in Jodhpur you have to go zip lining on one of the most iconic and popular zip lines in the world!
This is a really unique activity to do in Jodhpur and probably one of the best things to do in Jodhpur in my opinion!
Located in Mehrangarh Fort is the office for Flying Fox and behind that are 6 Zip Lines which take you over Lakes and Gorges all whilst witnessing the Blue City to the side of you!
It is quite costly, the price if you book online in advance is 1750Rs/ £18.00 which is what I did, if you book in person it’s slightly more expensive, but it is worth it!
Plus you also get free access into the Fort when you show your Flying Fox ticket, although you need to pay to get the Audio Guide and go into the Museum (600Rs) which is the main sightseeing part of the Fort and something I’d still recommend doing as the Fort is one of the best places to visit in Jodhpur and doing the zip lining and then exploring the Fort pairs really well together.
To SEE the Zip Line, check out my YouTube video from my day in Jodhpur:
The sun sets just to the side of where the zip line is and over the Old Blue City so if you want an extra special experience and maybe when the temperature is a bit lower, going at sunset would be a good idea!
If you want to go zip lining in Jodhpur a few things to be aware of are:
- You need to arrive 30minutes before your booking time to get your harness on.
- The office is in the middle of the Fort so give yourself 10 minutes to walk from the entrance of the Fort to Flying Foxes Office.
- From the Entrance, walk past the ticket booth and through the main gate, go to the audio guide 3 sign, from here you will see a poster and it is signposted as you walk down the hill into Chokelao garden.
- It’s possible and pretty quick to walk from the Main Centre of Jodhpur, especially from the Clock Tower to the Fort although there is a bit of a hill. I’d recommend giving yourself 20-30 minutes to do the walk, or you can get a tricycle.
- You need to wear closed shoes and long trousers/ shorts, if you do not wear closed shoes they will give you some croc’s to wear.
- Between the zip lining you need to walk up some steps and small inclines so adequate fitness is needed.
- They do not provide you with helmets.
- If you want to take a camera, a GoPro is best and you will need to bring a head strap or chest strap otherwise you will not be able to use it as you need both hands on the line and harness when on the zip line.
And I think that’s it! Just enjoy it and you’ll be so glad you did it!
To SEE the zip lining, watch my YouTube video here.
For more of my posts on India see: